Welcome to the Bay Area Writing Project Camps!
We are excited to share the world of creative writing with your child this summer. Below you will find information on key topics that you and your child should review together and acknowledge before your child begins his/her camp experience.
- Required Documents
- Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Prorated Camp Fees
- Wait list
- Child Abuse Prevention and Reporting
All of our camp leaders are experienced teachers who have participated in the Bay Area Writing Project’s competitive Summer Institute here at UC Berkeley.
We offer a limited number of partial scholarships. In order for your child to be considered for this award, please complete the 2021 YWC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION // 2021 HS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and submit it to email@example.com by Saturday, May 1, 2021. Applicants will be notified by Friday, May 17, 2021. Please email the office with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship applicants, please get your applications in as soon as possible so ensure you save a spot in camp. Teacher recommendations can arrive after the initial application. Please email the office with any questions – email@example.com.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- Camp sessions may be cancelled due to public health epidemic or pandemic, natural disaster, public safety restrictions, and other unforeseen circumstances. Full refund available.
- Camp sessions may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met. Full refund available.
Other than providing the refunds described, the Bay Area Writing Project (BAWP) is not responsible or liable for any losses arising out of such cancellation of BAWP Young Writers Camps and will not provide any other compensation. Refunds will be made directly to the credit card or original form of payment that was used in the purchase.
If you wish to withdraw, please submit a notification to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. An email must be submitted by the customer who initially completed the purchase. Refunds will be processed as detailed below and may be offered in the original form of payment. Please note, all check payments require the completion of the UC Berkeley vendor application. You can review the vendor application HERE.
- Withdrawal requests received by May 15, 2021 will be processed with a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal requests received after May 15, 2021 will be processed with a $100.00 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be issued on or after the Friday before the start of camp. (Example: If camp begins on 6/14 refunds will not be available for any cancellations made after 11:59pm on 6/10).
- Withdrawal refunds are for the cost of camp only and do not include any course fees.
- Please feel free to contact the office with questions at any point during this process – email@example.com
Prorated Camp Fees
We do not offer prorated fees for any missed camp days. This includes vacation days, sick days, starting camp late or leaving camp early.
Transfers to a different Bay Area Writing Project camp are granted on an availability basis. Any difference in fees will be due or refunded upon being granted a transfer. Contact the office to find out if your intended change is a possibility. firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a camp is full, a camper can be placed on the waiting list. Deposits are not required. You will be contacted only if space becomes available. Contact the office if you would like to be added to a wait list. email@example.com
Child Abuse Prevention and Reporting
The state requires that any suspected incidents of child abuse be immediately reported to the Department of Social Services for further investigation. All employees are mandated child abuse reporters.