Throughout the camp day, students have extended time and opportunity to explore their writing interests, discover their strengths and learn more about the craft of writing. The camps provide in-depth writing instruction, structured writing workshop time, flexibility in writing assignments, and daily opportunities to share writing with peers. Each camp concludes with a writing celebration for family and friends.
During camp students will:
- write in a friendly and supportive setting and receive instruction on specific writing styles and genres
- participate in daily writing workshops activities to activate the imagination
- write in journals
- conference regularly on a 1-1 basis with instructors
- share writing in small groups and receive helpful response
- learn to revise a piece of writing for its content and meaning
- learn more about sentence structure, punctuation and grammar in the editing process
- use literature and poetry as models
- explore a variety of ways to celebrate and publish writing
- publish their writing in an online BAWP E-zine.